Dear Sir / Madam,
By signing this form you agree to the examination and / or treatment of the vaginal area and / or the rectal area (the region of the anus).
An examination / treatment in this area is called a touché.
Your osteopath will run through the following questions together with:
- Your osteopath will inform you about his / her findings so far. He/she will explain to you what reasons there are for using the touché and what results you can expect. Possible risks will be mentioned. You can decide for yourself whether you want to do or not to do the touché.
- If you prefer, you can have a trusted person (supervisor) present which you during the execution of the touché.
- If you want the touché done by someone of your own gender, your osteopath will help you finding a suitable person.
- You can decide to stop the touché at any time you wish. The therapist will quit the examination/treatment immediately.
- Please just take your time to think about the treatment, after reading all these points. You can make your mind up till the following appointment.
- If desired, you can receive a copy of this form.
- Registered osteopaths follow this procedure for the sake of the best outcomes of your treatment. For questions or complaints you can turn to the NRO.